The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Azerbaijan Section is an unified petroleum engineering community enabling technical knowledge sharing, support of students and professionals, facilitation of research and science development in the country within Oil and Gas Exploration and Production sector.
We are non-profit, apolitical, nonreligious professional organization whose goal is to build a more integrated and cooperative professional petroleum community that helps in development of local technical capability and related technologies for the public benefit.
SPE has been in Azerbaijan since 1997 and with support of many professionals from both local and international oil companies, brought substantial value to the development of local engineering community through providing access to the global petroleum technical network, bringing international conferences and workshops, facilitating research and science development, and organizing technical programs and activities (symposiums, field trips, and lectures) with participation of world class experts and industry professionals.
SPE Azerbaijan’s goal is to facilitate development of industry professionals, build a more integrated and cooperative professional petroleum community, and support education in the country through the following:
- Continually building SPE Azerbaijan as the tool for collection, dissemination and exchange of technical knowledge among the society members both locally and internationally
- Developing technical programs and activities that provides opportunity for the Community to play its important role in assisting Azerbaijan’s Petroleum Industry in fulfilling its capability needs
- Facilitating research and science development by creating a link between the university institutions and industry
Through its programs SPE Azerbaijan aims to achieve the level where the section becomes a technical authority that is independent, diverse and far-reaching and is thus a valuable organization for sharing the experience and developing common interest among industry professionals, experts, academics, and students
The section is keen to engage local and international companies in providing leadership, experience, guidance and financial support for the Society’s activities.
We are very proud that the mission of SPE Azerbaijan is inline with and supported by the strategy set forth by the National Leader, Heydar Aliyev and successfully implemented by the president of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Ilham Aliyev. As the officially registered NGO, we look forward to closely working with the government in helping people of this country succeed with their education and professional career development.
Our board consists of professionals from local and international petroleum companies who are supporting us in sustaining our activities for the benefit of the society. The care that these companies give to the young generation and generally to those who are willing to excel and develop themselves within the E&P sector of the Petroleum Industry is enormous and invaluable.
We are thankful for the energy and enthusiasm that these companies put in to support of SPE Azerbaijan in its noble goal of creating best in class local technical capabilities in the Petroleum Industry in the country!
2017 can be noted as truly remarkable milestone in the history of SPE Azerbaijan. The organization marks its 20th anniversary and 5th year since official registration in the country.
Over the past 20 years among many SPE Azerbaijan has made the following achievements:
- Establishment of the section in 1997
- Section Membership Contest 2004
- SPE International Award for Excellence 2004
- SPE International Award for Innovation 2005
- Official registration and recognition of the organization in the country in 2012
- SPE International Award for Outstanding Student Support in 2013
- SPE International Award for Innovation 2014
- SPE International Award for Excellence 2015
- Fastest growing section in its category in 2013, 2014, and 2015
- Over 10 active programs for students and professionals
- 2 international technical workshops in years 2014 and 2016 (capacity over 50 people)
- 2 international technical conferences in 2015 an 2017 (capacity over 500 people)
- 3 Young Professional awards
- Establishment of research and development center in Khazar University in 2015
- SPE International Award for Excellence 2017
- SPE International Presidents Award for Section Excellence 2018